We design enduring brands for a changing world.
CSA is a renowned design and branding firm that has been around for over 40 years. How do we stay fresh? Well, we’re passionate, collaborative, and entrepreneurial. Like the brands we create, we not only survive change, we thrive on it by flexing to meet today’s challenges and anticipating tomorrow’s opportunities.
You are an integral part of how we live and deliver on this ethos.
We’re seeking a experienced Director of Strategy to lead our group of strategists on various branding assignments as well as work closely and collaboratively with our Executive Creative Director, Executive Director of Operations, and Executive Director of Engagement helping win business and developing pitches/proposals, and lead client work with the creative team. From high-level thinking and preparing creative briefs to managing client priorities, you’ll be collaborating with our creative teams on design, editorial and content development. This role requires great presentation skills to sell through creative concepts in a clear and compelling manner.
Your responsibilities and role:
- Direct, inspire, and manage our team of strategists and provide simultaneous oversight on positioning, content strategy and development, naming, and messaging for assigned projects
- Partner and collaborate seamlessly with Executive Creative Director and Executive Director of Operations
- Help drive collaboration between strategy, design, engagement, and account management
- Oversee, lead, and manage client relationships
- Lead strategy for creative process through interviews, team sessions, workshops, and research
- Write proposals and assemble work plans for current new business and extensions of existing business
- Lead client meetings and presentations, and be masterful leading workshop experiences
- Translate great conceptual ideas into actionable ‘real–world’ ideas framing brand solutions in terms of business impact
- Work hands-on as a strategy specialist
- Drive the development, implementation, and profitability of projects
- Provide unscripted strategic counsel—can think on your feet
- Contribute to process of growing the practice (referrals and interviewing)
- Maintain a positive working environment for both client and team members
Requirements you must have:
- 6 - 10 years in a branding or creative agency working as a Strategist
- Supervisory experience and strong business skills
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Compelling at presenting and selling concepts and ideas to clients and partners
- Strong copywriting and content development skills
- Substantial ability to simplify findings and recommendations to create compelling stories
- Highly organized and attention to details
- Manage and interact with many personality types – from designers, lawyers, CEOs, and everything in between
- Must understand our culture and appreciate unique characteristics
- Have strong prospecting and strong relationship building skills
- Optimistic. Personable. Confident. Collaborative. Analytical.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Mac literate and proficient in Keynote and Microsoft Word with some knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), and Google Product Suite
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Ellen Elfering, Director of Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert “Director of Strategy” as the title of your email.
CSA continually seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. CSA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or status as a protected veteran.